For those who like snakes

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

For those who like snakes

Postby splashy07 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:07 pm

If there was ever a possibility of two snakes loving each other these would be the happy couple. I must have a thousand pictures of them doing things like this. They are inseparable, when I try and separate them they become extremely unsettled. "Russo white diamond" blue eyed leucistic ball pythons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hyrulemaster77
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: For those who like snakes

Postby Hyrulemaster77 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:04 am

*makes high-pitched happy noise* What beautiful snakes! They look so comfortable. Makes me just wanna snuggle they're cute lil faces. ^^

I can't say that I know a lot about ball python behaviors having never owned one myself (YET!), but I know I see them do this in my local store all the time.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 am

I've got quite a few pairs and only these two seem to be so attached to one another. If I try and pair up some of my others for a bit they just seem to be unsettled in their rack tub, constantly looking out and acting restless. They are such nice, calm friendly snakes that you can get in just about any color you want. Love 'em.
Hyrulemaster77
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Hyrulemaster77 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Huh, I don't know much about snake temperaments (aside from many species make great pets), but that's a cool behavior! I wonder if other people have seen this too? Are they litter/clutch-mates? I wonder if they smell similar to each other? Maybe they just feel safer together? Who can say. They look super cute all cuddled together though! :)

Also, I just want to say that these are beautiful pictures by the by. Such pretty snakes!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 pm

They are from the same parents but different clutches. One is a year older than the other. They do not breed (with eachother) so I guess it's just a strong friendship....it's just the cute factor that gets to me. They're adorable to begin with, then they do that sort of thing...such little sweethearts. I also have two males, an ultra caramel and a camarillo that twist their tails together during breeding season....my gay friends think that is hilarious. They have both bred with females, but I guess they 'practice' on eachother. I'll try and get a picture of that, too...I know I had one but my phone is low on storage so I just deleted a lot.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”