First Ball Python PVC or Rack system?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
FossilDigger
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

First Ball Python PVC or Rack system?

Postby FossilDigger » Tue May 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey there everyone,I know this is primarily a discussion board for skinks, but I am trying to get as many opinions as I can before I get my first ball python. I can't decide whether to get a pvc cage or a rack system. I want to eventually breed them, which would make the rack system a better option, but I do want to see more than I would if it is in a rack. I have more available areas to place a rack and it would be cheaper overall. I am completely open to both ideas. I was even thinking about starting off with a rack and then once it grew a little bigger I would switch it to a pvc cage and then keep the rack for the other snakes I would eventually be getting. I would appreciate any ideas or recommendations!! Thank you all so much, sorry to veer off topic!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: First Ball Python PVC or Rack system?

Postby splashy07 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Ball pythons are very secretive and therefore do well in racks.
Here's mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theQ
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: First Ball Python PVC or Rack system?

Postby theQ » Fri May 27, 2016 7:28 am

When I had ball pythons I kept them in a homemade rack (I'd post pictures but I lost them all, sorry : \)

I did have a couple in a regular terrarium set up, but they were never out and about very much except during feeding time or when one was particularly distressed. Even my most social ball python was very boring to watch in her enclosure, I would just take her out and wrap her around my shoulder to spend time with her.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”