Other favorite lizards

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Other favorite lizards

Postby splashy07 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Who else likes these besides me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Re: Other favorite lizards

Postby Nae » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:43 am

Seeing as we only have lil' geckies over here i will forever spin out over ones that are BIGGER THEN A HUMAN HAND OMG

You will not believe how much I merely want to hold one.
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Karen » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:02 am

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on getting some tokays for a while, though I'm currently on a No Animal Buying hiatus until my husband and I are sure we're not going to move in a couple years. So instead I just research and the list of reptiles I want grows. :lol:
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby Susann » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:50 am

Never had one, held one, or even seen one in real life, but looking at your picture makes me say, "I likey!" :shock: :-P :drool:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Daxx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Daxx » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:54 am

A close friend of mine has just purchased a female over the weekend in the hopes of breeding her. His male however is a very "intendant" minded little chap, who even after 2 years of attempted taming, still seems to enjoy little more than using my friends fingers as a chew toy :lol:

They are however lovely looking little things, & I can't wait to see his babies.
skinks101
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby skinks101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Nice tokay!! Whenever I go to reptile shows I am always tempted to hold one. They are so gorgeous animals.
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Postby Dakota » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 am

Had a Tokay before, when I was young. My father had a trio in an awesome 6' tall enclosure when I was 4, I think. I also had a Skunk gecko, too! They are a Gekko species, too.

Really cool animals, but not my favorite. :)

My second favorite lizard species, or rather, genus, is Heloderma! I am training to keep them. Have to train for 1,000 hours to get a permit for each family of venomous in Florida. I'll let my father deal with venomous snakes, whilst I deal with venomous lizards. :hehe:
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:13 pm

A friend of mine used to breed them, the babies were adorable. Since he has sole custody of his young daughter now he no longer keeps venomous in the house. Was a treat to see them though, although I had no desire to own one. I am allergic to a simple bee sting, so anything venomous is out of the question. Awesome animals nonetheless.
Daxx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Daxx » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:43 am

Tokay's aren't venomous are they? If they are it's the first I'm hearing of it & my friend has been bitten several times by his & had nothing but the bite mark to show for it.
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:23 am

Think splashys talking bout gilas

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”