help please?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
Rhi
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

help please?

Postby Rhi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:47 am

hey guys

a little skink has made a home inside a car muffler we had sitting in the yard, we heard it scrabbling around so my husband cut it open with an angle grinder and found a poor beat up looking skink in there. He's been in there probably two or three weeks I'd say, and looks pretty beat up, he' raising his head and gasping a lot, we have him in a container with a small amount of dog food and coz lettuce (same stuff we feed our blueys) and plenty of water, what else can we do? I'll try and ad a pic..
Rhi
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Re: help please?

Postby Rhi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:03 am

Dood
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Dood » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 am

Cannot help on the species but I would put some crickets or meal worms (or other feeder insects used in Oz) as he'll be use to moving live food and not canned.
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott

Postby Scotts1au » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:53 pm

water- primary objective will be to deal with any dehydration then provide it with lean meat cut up into small pieces, pretty much a universal thing for small skinks. Once up and about try with some small bugs. You could use a small reading lamp as a heat source, but don't try to feed if he isn't warm and keep the lamp on 24/7. Small skinks in particular can die very easily from becoming cold after eating.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
Rhi
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby Rhi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 pm

I put him.in a container with water and a small amount of dog food and greens and put him under our bluetongues heat lamp. He survived the night and had his head up and perky this morning so i released him. He sat in the sun then off :-)darted out

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”