Reptile expos?

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
ReptileLover567
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Reptile expos?

Postby ReptileLover567 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 am

I might be going to a reptile expo soon, and I was wondering what kind of stuff you can get at expos. What products would you recommend I wait to buy at the expo, and what should I purchase now? Any information or tips for expos would be appreciated. I'm going to the Western Canadian Reptile Expo if that helps.
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight

Re: Reptile expos?

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:42 pm

It is almost always better to purchase supplies at an expo, as prices are dropped and/or there's no tax. Purchasing animals at expos is a mixed bag. Often there's many fantastic breeders/sellers, but also many who don't care about the animals and don't care if they sell you something sickly. As with supplies, there are often great deals to be found if you know what to watch out for :)

One final note: mites/illnesses. Expos are packed with reptiles from every type of keeper. Unfortunately, that means there's often someone with sick animals and/or with mites. They can spread. Clean anything you bring home, and quarantine any new animals.
Melanie J. Pratt
www.MelsExotics.ca
Currently living at Mel's Exotics:
BTS: Northerns, Caramel Northerns, Meraukes, Irian Jayas, Silver Tanimbars, Yellow Tanimbars
AFTs: Wild-Type, Striped, Amelanistic, Caramel Albino, Patternless, White Out
California Kingsnake
Dumeril Boa
ReptileLover567
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby ReptileLover567 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Thank you!
jdheff1982
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: John D. Heffington

Postby jdheff1982 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am

I wish Wichita, KS would get an EXPO. I would love to see all the different reptiles people have.

We have this nice new arena here that is either used for music concerts or our local ice hockey team. Kind of a waste, IMO.
Northern BTS Rosco born 6/27/2013 acquired 10/1/2013 -> My Gallery:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7iQnlFQvJfMTDFxLVUwaEN5Z0E?usp=sharing
---------------------------------
Care Sheet: http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/
Roarschak11
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Roarschak11 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:26 am

jdheff1982 wrote:I wish Wichita, KS would get an EXPO. I would love to see all the different reptiles people have.

We have this nice new arena here that is either used for music concerts or our local ice hockey team. Kind of a waste, IMO.

Why don't you go up to KC? I've gone down there for expos and they are actually pretty nice! They should be having another one here soon too...
Romeyrider
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Romeyrider » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 pm

You can get everything you need at an expo. You can get cages, substrate, decor, food, and of course animals. Of course the biggest problem with expos is you have to carry all your purchases around. But many of the vendors will let you leave your purchases with them, but then you still have to get every thing back to the car! But they are a ton of fun!
ReptileLover567
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby ReptileLover567 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Cool! Thanks, it sounds awesome. I'm really exited that I get to go.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”