Just saying hello!

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
nightfury

Just saying hello!

Postby nightfury » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm rather new to the world of reptiles, at least as far as owning them, but as a child I was always fascinated by snakes and lizards, and spent my days in the garden or field, finding scaly treasures to catch and bring home (much to my mother's dismay, lol). Sadly, though, my mother had an intense phobia of pretty much anything snake-like, lizards included, so growing up I was never able to have them, aside from interactions with the odd garter snake, hognose, blue-tails and horny toads.

Once I was old enough to move out, though, I got my first corn snake, though it sadly didn't last very long (I purchased it from a pet store, before knowing better, and the animal was very ill). After that, I was a bit shy to try again for many years.

I'm 28 now, and the one reptile that's really stood out to me for years, and I've always pined for, is a BTS. I've been soaking up as much information as possible, and am on the hunt for my first Bluey. Come this weekend, when my paycheck comes, I'll be off to get all I need to set up, so that I'm well prepared beforehand. I don't know if I'll ever stray into breeding, but for now I'll just be thrilled to have a single Bluey to love and provide for. <3
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens

Re: Just saying hello!

Postby Dakota » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Well, welcome to the world of Bluetongue ownership (or soon to be..)! :) But trust me, you will NOT want to stop at just 1 for very long. Although I had a single Bluetongue for a few years, getting another one was always on the top of my list that I finally got around to fulfill, relatively recently.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
nightfury

Postby nightfury » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 am

Dakota wrote:Well, welcome to the world of Bluetongue ownership (or soon to be..)! :) But trust me, you will NOT want to stop at just 1 for very long. Although I had a single Bluetongue for a few years, getting another one was always on the top of my list that I finally got around to fulfill, relatively recently.

haha, I don't doubt it! I know that I would love to eventually have two, one Northern and one Irian Jaya. My dream BTS, though, which I know will be expensive and hard to find, is to have a hyper melanistic Eastern. I love how jet black they are!
Noah H.
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Noah H. » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! :btsnet2: I had the exact same problem growing up, my mom always hated (and still hates) reptiles. She's always convinced that the even the smallest reptile will escape and eat her in the middle of the night. :lol: The only reptile I owned as a kid was a green anole, and that was only after my dad (a fellow reptile lover) let me get one without my mother's approval. It took him forever to convince her that the skink could not open the screen top and escape during the night! Anyway, you will definately enjoy the forum and you blue tongue! :D
0.0.1 Northern "Obi-wan"
Carnivale
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Carnivale » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Just posting here to let people know I decided to register under a name I liked better! This is nightfury, but I'll be posting under the new name from now on!
Susann
Merauke Mama
Merauke Mama
Your Facebook name: Sue Bee

Postby Susann » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Please note that creating multiple accounts is against the rules and grounds for termination of all accounts. Please erase the unwanted account.
1.0 Merauke
Figured out Merauke mating time and breeding and bred them for years, now I get to just enjoy my BIG boy Milo!
Sue Bee on FB.

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”