Like boas??

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Like boas??

Postby splashy07 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Check out this adorable pair of baby Crawl Cay boas. They are considered a 'dwarf' species as they rarely exceed three feet in length, females a bit larger. Perfect for those who love boas but can't provide for an eight foot snake. Awesome little pets!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Like boas??

Postby aaronhouts » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Very nice!
...and assuming they're from Vin, you can be confident they're pure.
How are their temperaments?
I know the dwarf boas can be nippy, but I hadn't heard anything bad about the Crawl Cays.
I remember when they were really uncommon, but it's nice to see them popping up more often.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 am

Yes, of course..if I ever got snakes from anyone else he'd take my head off...and they are as sweet as puppies! I had a pair or Tarahumara's I raised but they'd never breed in my apartment, they like cooler temps and I don't use AC and it's hot as the devil's house up there in summer. These should like it much better, I already see them hanging out to the rear of the tub where the heat tape runs. Tara's stay small too, my adults were under four feet. They were a bit hissy as babies but many baby boas are as you know. And if they bit you who'd care, you wouldn't even feel it they were so tiny. I have such a thing for baby boas, I like to raise them and then trade them back for more! Need to keep it small, don't have enough space for the larger ones because I have too darn many BTs!! One of these days I'm going to have to keep some in racks but I really don't want to. So I guess I have to stop getting more?? Let's see how that works out...
craigb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby craigb » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Just saying .... If anyone likes Rosy Boas, I have been breeding locality specific animals for more than 30 years. It is a hobby for me, not my profession.
I only produce 10-30 each year that I sell through Craigslist and the reptile clubs here in Southern California.
I have a Ca. Native Propagation permit to breed California animals. But, I also have Arizona and Mexican subspecies.
If anyone is interested, I have 29 Palms, Dulzura, Organ Pipe, Harquahala Mtns, and Bahia de Los Angeles localities.
If you want to see some pretty, small boas take a look at www.localityrosys.com
Not my site but good stuff. :D :teach:
Education is expensive.
Ignorance is priceless

1.2 Northerns 1.1 Merauke

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”